The International Bilingual School at Hsinchu Science Park takes pride in offering bilingual and bicultural education in a tight-knit community that encourages the pursuit of excellence. We aim to inspire students in becoming innovative, inquiring, and compassionate self-directed learners who strive to make a difference in the global community.
Student Learning Outcome
IBSH will prepare its graduates to be:
Bilingual and Bicultural
- Listen effectively and attentively to make meaning of the message in both English and Mandarin (Bilingual)
- Articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin (Bilingual)
- Articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using written communication skills in both English and Mandarin (Bilingual)
- Demonstrate understanding of both Eastern and Western cultures, values, and social etiquette (Bicultural)
Innovative and Inquiring
- Adapt and generate ideas that demonstrate creativity and fluency (Innovative)
- Refine, evaluate, and act on ideas to make an impact on others (Innovative)
- Pose questions and investigate evidence by selecting resources and analyzing details (Inquiring)
- Formulate an explanation and create a product or presentation that demonstrates understanding (Inquiring)
Compassionate and Global
- Investigate the world and research global issues (Global)
- Recognize and understand diverse perspectives (Global)
- Communicate ideas and take actions to improve the local and international communities (Global and Compassionate)
- Demonstrate a caring and respectful attitude towards others (Compassionate)
Initiate tasks and stay committed until completion
Continuously reflect on the learning process for self-improvement and growth
Demonstrate resilience by using setbacks and opportunities for growth
Implement effective organizational and time management skills to set strategic goals and complete tasks
IBHS aims to foster student learning and self-development, and a well-rounded education which encourages successful learning while placing an equal emphasis on both the humanity and science curriculums. A pleasant learning environment where the spirit of inquiry is encouraged is essential in the pursuit of this vision.
IBSH provides both a Chinese and American curriculum to the students coming from overseas. Our mission is to foster each student's ability to be bilingual, with both English and Mandarin Chinese language proficiency, culturally sensitive and aware, and academically-successful. We want to help our students have the skills to communicate effectively and well while respecting both cultural and individual differences, pursue higher educational opportunities, and provide a service-learning attitude to others.